Cascade Bicycle Club, the nation’s largest statewide bicycle nonprofit, serves bike riders of all ages and abilities throughout the state of Washington. With a mission to improve lives through bicycling, we teach the joys of bicycling, advocate for safe places to ride, and produce world-class rides and events. Our signature programs include the Seattle to Portland, Free Group Rides, Let's Go and the Major Taylor Project.
Mission, Vision, Values, and Goals
Vision: Bicycling for all
Mission: Improving lives through bicycling
Values (updated as of April 2020):
Equity: We lead with a racial equity lens to eliminate all inequities in community health outcomes and in mobility and transportation access. Bicycles are the primary tool for liberation.
Environmental Sustainability: The bicycle is a tool to disrupt systems that contribute to the climate crisis. We make decisions based on environmental impact.
Community: We create opportunities for people to come together by removing barriers and fostering a sense of belonging. Bicycles are an integral part of creating connected, equitable and thriving communities.
Safety: Safety is a right; we champion spaces that foster physical and emotional wellbeing.
Collaboration: We share power, resources, and knowledge as a means to enrich lives and form mutually beneficial partnerships. We celebrate the existing strengths of our partners and participants and seek to be an accessible asset for others.
- Share the joy of bicycling
- Create exceptional opportunities to ride
- Teach everyone to ride safely
- Bring people together through bicycling
- Transform the state through bicycling
Cascade Bicycle Club is a 501(c)3 nonprofit, EIN: 91-2165219
Become a Cascade Member
Your Cascade membership makes Washington a better place for people riding bikes:
- You are championing better and safer bicycle infrastructure.
- You are providing bicycle education programs for children, families, school groups and everyone else who wants to ride a bike.
- You are empowering youth from diverse communities through the Major Taylor Project.
- You are making it possible for Cascade to offer over 2,500 free group rides every year.
- Ultimately, you are getting more people on bikes.